Covent Garden West End | Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

I was sitting on a wooden bench surrounded by lush greenery, a gentle breeze swept my hair to one side, the afternoon sun shone on my face; it was such a blissful moment. For a second there, I thought that I was somewhere else altogether. 

It was a lovely Sunday afternoon and what better way to spend it than having a leisurely G + High Tea? You see, the G stands for gin, which Covent Garden is known for, after all, it houses over 100 different types of gins. Nestled on the bustling Boundary Street in West End, Covent Garden offers a high tea experience that’s rather different to what the Brisbane food scene has seen.

The high tea experience started with two beautiful sets of porcelain cups & saucers as well as a watering can being brought to the table which was filled with the establishment’s signature cocktail - G & Tea, made with Tanqueray gin, crème de mure, citrus, cranberry, grapefruit, strawberry & cream tea soda. Decorated with a few slices of strawberries floating on top, the transparent red liquid almost glistened in the cup, and it tasted super refreshing. Shortly after a three-tier stand filled with savoury and sweet treats arrived and I was excited to try everything. There was not a scone in sight, but I did mention that it was a different sort of high tea and everything was thoroughly enjoyed.

On the way out, I stopped and admired the domed stain-glass ceiling that added an enchanting touch to the place, as if the lush green sanctuary wasn’t enough. Convent Garden, you make my palate gin-gle.


Disclaimer: with thanks to Covent Garden West End for welcoming DolceBunnie to the property as an invited guest, please note that my opinion is as always, my own.


















Covent Garden Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment