Victoria Park Rotisserie Kitchen | 309 Herston Road, HERSTON QLD 4006

After getting a chilled virgin mojito, I found my seat at a decorated long table set in front of the Rotisserie Kitchen as newly opened by the Victoria Park Bistro. I was at the media launch of the Victoria Park Rotisserie Kitchen but the beautiful setting of the venue had me believe that I was somewhere on the Amalfi Coast - the vibrant bougainvillea were blooming in abundance, lush leafy plants placed throughout, bowls of lemon could be found here and there, and it was hard not to notice the stunning open plan kitchen with marble bench-tops. 

Before the main affair started, we were offered an array of canapés, such as the house smoked salmon on blini with herb crème fraiche, as well as warmed halloumi with minted peas and semi-dried tomato. The garlic flatbreads made in the wood-fired oven were a favourite among the guests.

You see, the Rotisserie Kitchen is all about honest, family-style meals done right. There’s no fancy foam or gel dotted around plates and that’s the wonderful thing about it, and as for the portions, well you can be sure that they are extremely generous. At the launch, two main options were served on an alternate drop and I had had the classic roasted free-range chicken with medley potatoes, chicken sauce and crunchy baby cos lettuce. I had been watching the birds slowly rotating in the Rotisol rotisserie oven which was crafted in France and just as I had anticipated, the chicken skin was crispy and the meat was tender and juicy. That’s not to say that I didn’t get food envy looking at the person sitting next to me as she tucked into her roasted porchetta with fresh garden herbs, medley potatoes, caramelised apple puree, pork & Calvados sauce and green leaves. It looked equally as good and don’t even get me started about the perfectly crispy crackling. 

The launch finished on a sweet note as guests were served with either a warm chocolate brownie with milk ice cream and salted caramel sauce or the lemon curd parfait with fresh strawberries and granola crumble served at the table. Whilst the lemon curd parfait was without a doubt a refreshing summery dessert, I loved the chocolate brownie which had a thin, crisp top and was warm and so chocolatey and oh so satisfyingly good. 

It’s always a pleasure attending events at the Victoria Park with its beautiful setting, stunning city views and delicious food. When I was at the event I had already messaged the other travel bunnie suggesting a family outing to Victoria Park, starting with a few rounds of putt-putt, followed by lunch at the Rotisserie Kitchen (Minibun George would no doubt love the children’s playground too). 

Until next time.

Disclaimer: with thanks to Victoria Park for welcoming DolceBunnie to the media launch, please note that my opinion is as always, my own.




















Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment