The Jetty South Bank | River Quay, Shop 4, Sidon street South Bank QLD 4101

There’s a certain je ne sais quoi about dining at The Jetty South Bank. Sitting at the front of the restaurant, overlooking the dazzling Brisbane River and watching people walk by, has a slight resemblance to people watching at Jardin des Tuileries, but with food involved.

Located in South Bank’s River Quay precinct, The Jetty no doubt occupies a prime spot, offering sweeping views of the river as well as the cityscape. Following its recent renovation, the venue is sleek and open with a private dining area also having been added to the space. 

The decor of the restaurant isn’t the only thing that has had a make-over as a new menu has been created to offer tantalising modern Australian fare with a relaxed vibe. In addition to the menu items, daily specials can also be found on blackboards displayed around the restaurant.

I couldn’t think of a better way to start my meal with a deliciously refreshing Passionate Fool($8) made with passionfruit, lime, mint & vanilla, shaken & topped with apple juice. As I was browsing through the menu trying to figure out what to order for Minibun George, our waitress advised us that they have a list of options for kids that are not listed on the menu including fish & chips served with salad ($13.50), which I ended up ordering for George. I loved the sound of the spaghettini with sand crab, confit garlic, chilli, lemon & parsley ($31) and I was so glad that I ordered it because it tasted absolutely amazing. It had a fair amount of punch that just had me going in for more. I received the plate thinking ‘holy moly, what a big dish’ but I left the plate completely clean. The Butcher’s Board on the day was Black Angus skirt steak, charred with chimichurri & watercress ($29), which is what the other travel bunnie had. Served with crispy chips, the meat was very flavoursome and tender.

Even though I was feeling quite content after devouring an entire plate of pasta, I simply couldn’t resist the sound of the orange frangipane tart with crispy mandarin and vanilla ice cream ($15), and you bet it was good. It was the perfect ending.

Disclaimer: with thanks to The Jetty South Bank for welcoming DolceBunnie and family as invited guests, please note that my opinion is as always, my own.




















The Jetty South Bank Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment