Kinn Imm | 226 Queen Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000


Every Wednesday Minibun George goes to kindy which means that I get to have a relaxing day all to myself that usually involves me heading to the city and having lunch with the other travel bunnie. Last Wednesday, we decided to try Kinn Imm as opposed to my usual Thai preference - the Phat Elephant. This new addition to the QueensPlaza food court has a very relaxed vibe to it.

Stepping into the restaurant was like walking through a busy back street in downtown Bangkok - wooden tables and stools closely placed next to one another, one of the walls had been turned into a faux facade of shop fronts with signboards written in Thai, spicy aromas filled the air and the restaurant was loud with people chattering. I liked it - the ambience and the decor were so fitting for what the restaurant had to offer - Thai hawker food.

I ordered a Pad Thai ($15) – the quintessential Thai dish. Made with stir fried rice noodles, chicken, peanuts, tofu, bean sprouts, egg, tamarind and palm sugar, the dish was absolutely delicious! I asked for some fresh chilli to give the dish a kick and finished every single strand of noodles on that plate. Sadly, the other travel bunnie’s BBQ pork & crispy pork with gravy sauce and steamed rice ($15) didn’t arrive until I almost finished my dish. Thirty minutes later, we checked with three waitstaff, two of them never came back to us with an ETA and one eventually came over with the dish. There was no “sorry about the wait” or anything, it was just a drop and go, so I was quite annoyed with that, especially given that the dish was nothing too special.

I think it was an oversight, as my dish and the tables around us all got their food fairly quick. So I’m definitely not writing off Kinn Imm as my Pad Thai was very tasty and I really liked the chilled vibe that place had going on. Oh, make sure that you try their Thai milk tea - I loved every drop of mine, it was silky smooth and super sweet.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $34.50











Kinn Imm Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment