Phat Elephant | Shop 7, 280 Queen Street, BRISBANE CBD QLD 4000

There’s an animal in town, a Phat Elephant, and by the looks of it, it’s here to stay. 

Phat Elephant is the newest Thai eatery and bar, located in the corner of Post Office Square where Hatch & Co used to be. I was in town for a staycation recently and eagerly wanted to try it out. The menu focuses on Thai street food, and true to their word, the dishes here are affordable and authentic. 

We started off with some satay chicken skewers ($3 each), they were very tender and the sauce was delicious with a strong peanut flavour. I had a massive craving for green curry, so when I saw green chicken curry ($12.90) on the menu, I had to order it. Surprisingly, it was spicer than I thought it would be, but spicy in a good way. I also tried my mum’s pad thai with chicken ($12.90), which was nice, but not as nice as the other travel bunnie’s crispy pork with chilli and sweet basil ($14.90). It was so good. The skin on the pork was perfectly crispy while the meat was juicy and soft, paired with the mouth-watering spicy, slightly salty yet sweet sauce, it was the bomb! 

There are so many dishes on the menu that I want to try, like the crispy fish with chilli & tamarind sauce ($29), the e-sarn cured pork sausage ($14.90) and the tom kha chicken coconut soup ($16.90). Now I better come up with more excuses to go to the city more often. By the way, Phat Elephant also serves a mean Thai iced tea ($4.50) so make sure you don’t miss it. 

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $54.20












Phat Elephant  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment