Hi, Coffee - fancy meeting you here | InterContinental Sanctuary Cove, Gold Coast AUSTRALIA

Located on the ground level of The Great House at the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove, is the resort’s signature restaurant - The Fire Place, and on a recent sunny Saturday afternoon, it hosted the launch of the resort’s newly curated High Coffee. 

The other travel bunnie and I had the great pleasure of spending the afternoon experiencing an unique twist on the traditional afternoon tea. Please allow me to introduce you to High Coffee, a first for the resort, designed to provide a leisurely afternoon filled with a collection of traditional sweets and savouries, espresso-inspired delicacies and hand-made pastries, transforming a simple cup of coffee into an unforgettable dining experience. 

In true glamorous fashion, we started the experience with a delicious Espresso Martini ($10) for me and an Arabica coffee brewed with a Chemex coffeemaker ($10) for the other travel bunnie. Shortly after our drinks arrived, silver trays lined with perfectly cut afternoon sandwiches were brought out and we were presented with three types of sandwiches - Beetroot cured salmon with cream cheese and caper spread, baby cos and Spanish onion, Smoked beef strip loin with Witches Chase triple cream brie, gherkin and red onion and apple relish, and Applewood smoked chicken, fruit chutney, baby spinach on multi-grain. My favourite was without a doubt the beetroot cured salmon. Presented on activated charcoal bread, it was not only visually enticing, but the taste was light and sumptuous. I couldn’t help myself with a second round.  To reflect Australian’s culture, we then tried the Australian beef pie with caramelised onion and pea mash before being presented with a refreshing palate cleanser of apple sorbet

The heavyweights then came out and OMG there were so much food! The first tier of deserts was the Fireplace signature Ă©clair with coffee-custard (which looked super cute with music notes crafted on the white chocolate), followed by the second tier which included Oreo chocolate bites, Earl Grey macarons with chocolate-coffee curd, and last but not least, Smoked pumpkin scones and plain scones with coffee scented Chantilly cream and Cutaway Creek berry jam. By the time I worked my way to the scones, my tummy was begging me to stop… Thank god our lovely waitress saw my face and kindly put the rest of the treats into a takeaway box for me. Suffice to say, those treats disappeared (into my tummy) by bedtime Saturday night. 

High Coffee is served Friday to Sunday from 12:30pm at $35 per person including a coffee or tea of your choice (other than the option extras noted above). Bring an empty tummy! 


Disclaimer: DolceBunnie was an invited guest of InterContinental Sanctuary Cove, however my opinion is as always, my own.











Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment