Hog's Breath Cafe, Paddington | The Barracks, 5 Petrie Terrace, PADDINGTON QLD 4064

It’s been a week since we got back from our vacation in New Zealand and I’m glad that we have finally gotten back into our routine. Yesterday afternoon, Minibun George and I drove to the city to pick up the other travel bunnie from work for dinner at Hog’s Breath Cafe in Paddington. 

I still remember my first visit to that particular Hog’s Breath Cafe. It was a Friday night, the other travel bunnie and I had been shopping and we snatched up a pair of Christian Louboutin Jenny 150, because it had my name written all over it (literally!), and afterwards I was craving American diner food, so the other travel bunnie suggested Hog’s Breath and told me all about their iconic Hog Tail Fries. I was sold then and there. 

This time round, I sipped on a strawberry & mint lemonade ($6.50), while deciding on what to have for dinner. Hog’s recently introduced a fresh new menu across the country that includes wholesome fare for all appetites, from the steak-lover to the more health-conscious diner. The choices are aplenty, including all the old favourites from the grill as well as salad personalisation options. 

We started the meal with Hoggies Loaded Skins topped with crispy bacon, melted cheddar cheese, honey sweet chilli sauce and served with sour cream ($12.95), which was very tasty and addictive. At the same time as we received our appetiser, Minibun George received his meal - a cheese burger with tomato sauce and Hog Tail Fries, and it was thoroughly enjoyed by George. Priced at $9.90, the kid’s menu offers a number of meal options, and they all come with a free juice or soft drink, as well as two scoops of ice cream, which I thought was great value for money. 

I thought about going for a healthier options after pigging out in New Zealand, but I remember how good the hickory smoked prime rib was the first time I had it. I decided to go ahead with a lite cut version of it at 200g, served with caesar salad and of course, Hog Tail Fries ($25.95). Dude, it was eyes-rolled-back-into-my-head good. Cooked medium-rare, the meat was extremely tender and the hickory smoked BBQ sauce made my mouth water. I highly recommend this dish. 

The other travel bunnie opted for the daily special - a 450g T-bone steak served with fried egg and curly fries ($25.95).  It was not for the faint hearted. The meat was flavoursome even without any sauce and by the end of the dinner, only a bone was left on the plate. 

We were stuffed after our mains. When the waitstaff brought over the dessert menu, we both looked at each other and shook our heads. As I’m typing this, I sort of wish that I had the guts to man-up and order dessert because the Triple Chocolate Mississippi Mud Cake ($9.95) and the Fresh Strawberries & Chocolate Fondue ($15.95) sound so devilishly good. Perhaps on our next visit.  


Disclaimer: we were welcomed to Hog’s Breath Cafe as invited guests and received complimentary meals, however my opinion is as always, my own.















Hog's Breath Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment