DolceBunnie x Royal Caribbean | Legend of the Seas || Part 3 Food

One of the reasons why I love cruising so much is because of the ample food options onboard. I love the fact that food is readily available and I can just eat whenever I want. 

There are plenty of dining options onboard Legend of the Seas, six, to be precise. In addition to the buffet style restaurant Windjammer and the main dining room, Romeo & Juliet which provides complimentary, multi-course dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, there are also specialty restaurants such as Izumi and Chops Grille. If you are after a truely special culinary experience, then you can’t go pass Chef’s Table. 

On the first night at the media dinner held at Romeo & Juliet, I had an entire Maine lobster, grilled and served with fresh garlic herb butter, all to myself. It was a dream dish. I was so satisfied after that dinner, all I wanted to do was snuggl up with my pillow and snooze.  The next morning, I got up bright and early at 6:30, ordered room service and enjoyed my breakfast on the balcony. It was just such a gorgeous way to start the day, looking out at the calm ocean while nomming on crispy strips of bacon. Of course I had to have a second breakfast, are you kidding? The french toast from Romeo & Juliet cannot be missed. The thick slices of bread were grilled golden brown then drizzled with maple syrup and were so fluffy and tasty. I’m gonna go so far as to say that it was the best French toast I’ve tasted in a long, long time. No word of a lie. 

Although I didn’t get an opportunity to experience the Chef’s Table, I did dine at both Izumi and Chops Grille. Both restaurants are located on Deck 11 of the ship, providing panoramic views. Chops Grille is Royal Caribbean’s hallmark restaurant with a menu that gives a contemporary twist on the traditional steakhouse offerings. Their signature appetiser, firecracker shrimp cocktail served with spicy banana dipping sauce was very delicious,  the tempura-styled prawns were drizzled with slightly spicy yet sweet sauce, and it was very hard not to order a second round. I was initially hesitant about ordering the crispy goat cheese salad, but I’m glad that I did. The crumbed goat cheese was extremely crispy on the outside and it wasn’t overly salty, the creamy texture created a wonderful contrast against the greens mixed with candied walnuts, green apple and cranberries. I had my 9 oz filet mignon with a side of grilled jumbo asparagus, truffle French fries and sautéed mushrooms. Needless to say, the meat was exceptionally tender. I finished my lunch with a classic dessert - tiramisu. If only we had Chops Grille in Brisbane! 

On the last night of the cruise, we were invited by the Royal Caribbean team to have dinner at Izumi, a Japanese focused à la carte restaurant offering guests everything from sashimi and sushi to hot rock cooking experiences (ishiyaki),which I strongly recommend. You can also find popular Japanese desserts on the menu such as mochi ice cream and matcha tea ice cream served with red bean cake, which was definitely my favourite dessert of the night. 

Without a doubt, you can eat to your heart’s content onboard Legend of the Seas.


*Disclaimer: I travelled as an invited guest of Royal Caribbean, however my opinion is as always, my own.








































Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment