Paddington Deli & Epicerie | 153-155 Latrobe Terrace, PADDINGTON QLD 4064

We were at the Paddington Antique Centre recently looking for some unique pieces for our new home when I discovered the Paddington Deli & Epicerie a few doors down. I was instantly attracted to the old world charm and décor of this place.

The following weekend, we took mum and minibun George there for breakfast.

It was a chilly morning despite the beautiful sun and cloudless blue sky. Luckily the café was warm. We found a table nestled in the corner of the dainty eatery and I immediately sank into the comfy brown studded leather couch against the window.  It was a fantastic position for people watching. I love places like this - old gilded mirrors hanging on red-hued brick walls, vintage chandeliers sparkling away above your head, a room filled with aromatic smell of grounded coffee beans and freshly baked pastries, teas that are served in pretty floral cups and saucers.

On a blackboard a few meters away, were the specials of the day and they all sounded irresistibly delicious in a rustic, humble kind of way. Our waitress promptly took our orders for breakfast and it didn’t take long before we were impressed with the look of our dishes. The serving portions of the dishes alone justified a big tick from me.

I absolutely loved my dish – bubble & squeak: double smoked pork belly, garlic aioli and roasted veg ($16). What’s not to like when you get the sweetness of sweet potato, the fragrant roasted aroma of garlic without any of its raw sharpness and the slightly salty and smoky taste of pork belly rendered to just the right amount of fat. All these things were found on one plate and in every mouthful and the flavours provided my palate so much excitement. My hand kept putting food into my mouth and that robot movement only happens when I eat something extraordinarily delicious.

The other travel bunnie watched with envy as I devoured my dish, but he could hardly complain as his hash browns crispy corned beef, herb mayo and egg ($14) looked very enticing and tasted equally as good. Mum’s zucchini fritter w’ haloumi, poached eggs and avocado ($17) was thoroughly enjoyed too.

I couldn't fault the experience. It was a perfect breakfast, and perhaps my favourite one in a long time.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $65
















Click to add a blog post for Paddington Deli & Epicerie on Zomato

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. <3 the photos. What kind of camera are u using these days ? xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! Canon 70D is my go-to camera. It's a bit heavy, but I can't leave the house without it. I'm thinking about getting the Fujifilm X100T as well. Hope everything is going well for you in Sydney. xx

      Delete