Pineapple Express | 39 Hercules Street, HAMILTON QLD 4007

I love our new neighbourhood!  Despite all my prior concerns, it turns out that the food scene around Hamilton/Ascot really isn’t too shabby. Just last weekend, we discovered a wonderful breakfast spot - Pineapple Express.

The talk of Pineapple Express came up when I was at a recent media tasting lunch. Foodies around the table exchanged rave reviews about the establishment, and I was kicking myself under the table for missed attendance, granted that I was overseas for a month, but still.

“Do I have sand between my toes?”, stepping into this healthy wholefoods café, you will no doubt be taken away by the fresh, vibrant colour schemes and the beach theme. Let the sensation of sun, waves and ocean breeze overwhelm you. Don’t feel it? Well, at least it’s one step closer to getting your bikini body ready with the food that’s on offer at the Pineapple Express. Yes, the food is healthy. Think acai bowls, CocoWhip™, and protein pancakes; but healthy food by no means equals bland, boring food. In fact, the super food French toast served with strawberries, berry compote and coyo ($15) was a really delicious treat! Although, it would be nice if they were more generous with the strawberries; the toast itself was finger-lickingly good, slightly burnt at the bottom with a buttery, creamy texture. The coyo was light as air, yet with each bite, it filled my mouth with ample taste of tropical fruit, not to mention that when teamed up with the berry compote, it worked wonders. The other travel bunnie had the traditional eggs benedict with ham, matcha-naise, served on sourdough and spinach ($17). The eggs were done perfectly and as for the match-naise, what an awesome idea.

Aside from healthy food options, Pineapple Express also whips up some good drinks.  I enjoyed a nice, creamy matcha latte at my last visit, but I think King Kong (which is made with banana, coconut coyo, chia sees, cinnamon, coconut water with a hint of Manuka honey) and I will get along really fine.

Have you checked your schedule to get onto the Pineapple Express?


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $47.30













Click to add a blog post for Pineapple Express on Zomato

Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment