Cake it home this Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day is just around the corner and I always get stuck for gift ideas. I mean there’s also birthday and Christmas,  but how many jars of night cream does my mum need (yep, I tend to always go for skincare for my mum as I’ve always thought that was an easy option)? 

Mother’s Day is a time to honour our mothers, to show our appreciation and express our gratefulness for having them in our lives. Sure, presents are awesome but is that what they really want? When I was little, holding onto the conner of her dress I followed my mum everywhere, wouldn’t let her get out of my sight. Years later, I graduated from uni, have a career, dragged my luggage travelling around the world, even started my own family; I spend lesser and lesser time with mum. 

So I think to myself, the best present for mum is time. Time devoted to her. Sitting down with a pot of tea, a nice cake and talking about anything and everything. 

Michel’s Patisserie has kindly offered a tasty treat for me to review - a Dusky Pink Rosette Cake. Layered with vanilla sponges, jam and cream, the cake looks absolutely beautiful with the hand piped rosettes coloured in two shades of pink.  I sliced a small piece to taste, and couldn’t help myself but to take another huge bite into the fluffy sponge as the rich cream melted in my mouth. 

Cake it home this Mother’s Day and fill your mum’s heart and tummy with all the sweetness you have to offer!


*Disclaimer: The cake was provided to the bunnies free of charge courtesy of Michel’s Patisserie, however my opinion is as always, my own.












Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment