The Jetty Oxford | 1 Oxford Street, BULIMBA QLD 4171

We happened to be in the neighbourhood of Bulimba on the weekend and decided to have breakfast there given that we don’t usually venture out to that part of town. Why were we there? Well, it’s something that I’m extremely excited about, but I feel as though it is slightly premature to share my excitement with you. I will no doubt be announcing the big news when the time is right. 

With a fitting name, The Jetty on Oxford Street is situated right next to the ferry terminal and looks very inviting. Think white wooden walls against copper and stones, freshly baked pastries, and tables made of thick wood.  

I ordered a caramel latte ($5) to start my day, a caramel latte in a mug to be precise. Yep, I needed the caffeine and it tasted delicious. The other travel bunnie opted for a slightly healthier option - freshly squeezed carrot and orange juice with ginger ($7). 

Breakfast took a while to come out, but all was forgiven as the tastiness of everyone’s dish was definitely worth the wait. The winner was mum’s sautĂ©ed mushrooms, organic olive toast, soft feta, rocket & truffle oil ($16.50) with a side of scrambled egg ($3.50). While you can never go wrong with the traditional scrambled eggs with maple bacon, ciabatta toast, roasted vine tomatoes & basil ($15.50) which is what the other travel bunnie had, I thought my coconut quinoa bircher, golden raisins, strawberries, bowen mango, ‘COYO’ coconut yoghurt & toasted shaved coconut ($14) (wow that was a mouthful), looked so pretty! I didn’t think it would be enough to fill my tummy but the quinoa bircher was surprisingly filling and the COYO was so light and fluffy, it melted on my tongue and left a lingering coconut flavour in my mouth. 

Breakfast at The Jetty was without a doubt an enjoyable one. The servings were generous, the food was tasty and the ambience was lively yet relaxing. Plus, it’s baby friendly! You can’t go wrong with this one. 

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $61.50











The Jetty Oxford on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment