Cha Kee | 261 Warrigal Road, EIGHT MILE PLAINS QLD 4113

Every now and then I develop cravings for oily Cantonese stir fry. The other day I was just casually swiping away on my iPhone and a photo taken at Cha Kee popped up in my feed. If you haven’t heard, Cha Kee is the newest addition in Hong Kong styled cafes also known as cha chaan teng and has opened up in Warrigal Square. 

Last Saturday we didn’t have much on so the other travel bunnie decided to drive us out there for a feed to satisfy my cravings. The cafe was pumping so we were told to wait outside for a seat. The staff didn’t seem to know what was going on when I went inside twenty minutes later to enquire about our table, which was empty and had been ready for us  for a while. Insert frowny face. 

Too lazy to read the menu, the other travel bunnie and I decided to opte for the specials of the day - Set A Stir fried beef ho fun and Set B Fried chicken with Japanese curry sauce and rice. The set menus ($10.95) come with a beverage, so I recommended their house special lemon iced tea to the other travel bunnie and I ordered a Hong Kong coffee milk tea. The lemon iced tea was very refreshing but the drink that I had was very bitter and lacked sweetness. 

Before our meals got here, we shared a buttered bun drizzled with condensed milk. The beef ho fun was exactly what I needed. It was oily and heavy, and tasted even better with a drizzle of chilli oil. The Japanese curry chicken was ok. Just ok. The chicken pieces had way to much coating and curry tasted like one of the ones that you can get from a packet. Why would you even order Japanese curry from a cha chaan teeng anyway, you may ask. I don’t know, it was there and it was their special of the day so I just got carried away I guess. Throughout the meal, we received really friendly service which is always a bonus for me. 

I quite liked the decor of Cha Kee and the aromatic smell of brewing tea filled the air, but it’s probably not something worth driving all the way out of town for if you don’t live in the area.


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $27.50










Cha Kee on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment