Shanghai Part.1 | Shanghai, CHINA

I apologise for leaving a huge gap between my last China post and this one (which I hope you are about to read). I tend to get carried away very easily and I've obviously gotten ‘busier’ since mini bun George's arrival (not to mention that we've just been out eating lots).

So yes, I am back to finish off the China trip that the other travel bunnie and I took. Last year. Again, sorry.

Bunnies' Route: Ritz Carlton Pudong → Xintiandi → French Concession → Tianzifang → Green Massage at the World Financial Centre.

We were meeting up with my parents in Shanghai and had one day just to ourselves. After a leisurely breakfast at Scena overlooking the picturesque Bund, we caught a cab which dropped us off at Xintiandi, which translates to New Heaven and Earth which is a shopping precinct that's lined with upmarket shops and dining venues. The site of the first congress of the Communist Party of China is also located in this area. One of my grandfathers worked as intel for the Communist Party during the World War II and my other grandfather worked as a doctor for the military, so visiting the site had some special significance to me. Afterwards we took a leisurely walk through the French Concession to admire the beautiful art deco apartment blocks before ending up at Tianzifang, which shares a similar concept as Xintiandi but offers more affordable food as well as shopping options. We couldn't help ourselves but to make a quick stopover at a toilet themed restaurant as I found the quirky décor great for photos.

We had a very low-key afternoon packed with massages and great food as I knew that the next day would be action packed.























Share this:

,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment