Koko Black Salon | Level 2, Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, INDOOROOPILLY QLD 4068

WARNING: The following post is not for the fainthearted.


I understand that on Monday most people suffer from Mondayitis, but this Monday, I died and went to chocolate heaven. Yes, Koko Black has finally arrived in Brisbane. If that doesn’t put a giant grin on your face from ear to ear then you must be darn hard to impress (or perhaps chocolate isn’t your thing so stop reading now).

It goes without saying that Koko Black has mastered the fine art of European chocolate making. I remember that the first time when I went to Melbourne many years ago, visiting Koko Black in the Royal Arcade was on the top of my to do list. I was mesmerised by the saloon's cosy décor and old world charm, but more importantly I was hooked on the chocolates.

Located amongst designer boutiques on level 2 of the newly revamped Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, Koko Black occupies a spacious shopfront. Designed by the team at Russell & George, the interior is simple, sleek and yet somehow captivating. Before I even entered the store, my eyes were drawn to the shiny display cabinet filled with delicious looking chocolates.

I was introduced to the founder, Shane Hills, who then spent the next two hours sharing his passion with the invited guests. We were literally spoilt for choices and so decided that the only logical thing to do was to try everything from salted caramel dark chocolate to Tasmanian Leatherwood Honeycomb inclusion in 54% dark premium couverture chocolate before sitting down at the table and being presented with the Dessert Degustation. At $26, I thought the degustation was great value. It's perfect for two and includes Chocolate Alchemy Cake, Raspberry Mousse, Chocolate Hazelnut Cluster, Belgian Mousse and chocolate ice cream. I'd be lying if I told you that I remember the flavours of everything I tried at the tasting, but I could not be more honest in saying that everything I tried tasted nothing short of mind blowing!

You see, Koko Black isn't just for chocolate aficionados, the salon is also the perfect space for catch-ups and some relaxation after a long day of shopping. But if you are anything like me, you'll probably binge on their decadent chocolates before, during and after a shopping spree. And rightly so!

PS. I strongly recommend the Hot Chocolate which is the signature beverage of Koko Black's and is freshly brewed according to a traditional Belgian recipe. The creamy, velvety texture will transport you to another world. Now that's my kind of choc-universe.

Disclaimer: this bunnie was an invited guest to the chocolate tasting. She is however currently suffering from Koko Black chocolate withdrawal syndrome and is planning on visiting the salon this weekend!





















Koko Black Salon on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment