Picnic | 12 Martha Street, CAMP HILL QLD 4152

A, H and Baby A recently met up with us at Picnic for a casual, relaxing lunch. Located in Camp Hill, Picnic is the little sister of Pawpaw, which I'm sure that many foodies have visited numerous times over.

The space at this cafe isn't overly large and given that they don't take reservations, I was slightly worried that it was going to take a while before we could get a table for four adults, a high chair and a pram. I was however surprised when I found that the cafe was rather quiet and empty for their Sunday lunch service.

The others decided to have watermelon, apple & mint juices ($6), which were rather delicious and summery drinks. I, on the other hand, opted for the banana smoothie ($7.50) which was mixed with banana, spinach, mango and milk.

Food wise, H and I both went for the healthy option of Amazonia Acai Sundae ($11.90). The ice cold sundae tasted delightful with the crunchy granola, although I was slightly disappointed that they used frozen raspberries and perhaps it was a bad call for me to order the smoothie as the sundae was quite runny as well.

The boys had something more substantial. A had a chilli con carne with pita bread, salsa & herb sour cream ($15.90) and the other travel bunnie ordered a bacon cheese burger ($17.90) which he raved about. I must admit that I was green with envy when I saw him devouring that juicy burger filled with a thick beef patty, melted Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles and mustard AS WELL AS a side of beer battered fries. Mmm...fries.

All in all this quaint suburban cafe provides various food options at reasonable prices and the service throughout the restaurant was friendly and prompt. Check it our if you're in the area.

Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $91.10








Picnic on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment