Swampdog Fish and Chips | 186 Vulture Street, SOUTH BRISBANE QLD 4101

I used to think Friday wouldn’t be as special to me now that I'm on maternity leave as every day is like a day off, but I've come to the realisation that I love Fridays more than I ever have. Fridays mean the I would have the other travel bunnie home for a solid two days, without him having to wake up early in the morning to go to work, even though it's only a three minutes walk down the street.

So every Friday night, the other travel bunnie and I would do something different to kick off the most exciting time of the week. Last Friday, we took a nice stroll through the botanic gardens and over the bridge, and ended up at Swampdog Fish & Chips.

Swampdog isn't a flash eatery. From the outside, it looks like any other ordinary take away corner shop but it's food is the type that would make you want to go back there on a regular basis. Operating on the motto “Good for you, good for me and good for the sea”, it's the sustainable seafood that made this place what it is today.

Although the former owner and chef Richard Webb said goodbye to Swampdog in July this year, the quality of the food offered by the new owner certainly didn't disappoint. The other travel bunnie had a tempura dinner pack ($19) which comes with two tempura prawn cutlets, tempura whiting with ginger prawn mousse, tempura fish, salt and pepper calamari and chips. As for me, I had battered whiting with chips ($12.90) and a side of salt and pepper calamari ($3.50). Both mains were tasty and the portions were generous and if anything, we probably ordered too much between the two of us. Even though that bottle of organic honey cola ($4) did help us slide down the food. Did I mention that we sat at a table under the stars with a wood fire pot belly stove a meter away?

Swampdog is definitely one of those places where you can visit if you're after a quick, relaxing but decent meal. And while you're there, remember to order a side of their divine aĂŻoli ($2) to go with your chips.


Total Bunnie Dollars Spent: $41.40











Swampdog Fish and Chips on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment