The St.Regis Shenzhen (深圳瑞吉酒店) | Shenzhen, CHINA

Never have I in my life thought that I would visit Shenzhen, not for reason other than there being so many other places on my to visit list... And never have I in my life thought that I would visit a city because of a hotel (but I guess I should've thought of that when I decided to drag the other travel bunnie to Macau just because I wanted to watch a show). Meh, I call it my spontaneous side.

I don't really know how, but one day when I was at work, I came across to a photo of the St.Regis Shenzhen and it took my breath away. Located in the KK100 building, St. Regis occupies the top 28 floors of the building and the views that it offers are incredible to say the least.

So almost immediately, an email was sent off to the other travel bunnie and that's how we decided to make Shenzhen our first pitstop in Mainland China.

The KK100 building is literally outside of the subway station which makes St.Regis an extremely conveniently located hotel. The hotel lobby is located on the 96th floor and we were offered a selection of teas upon arrival, not to mention the fact that both the check in and check out were swift and effortless.

Our room which was located on level 85 was absolutely stunning. The room was elegantly decorated with contemporary touches but the best part about it had to be the sweeping views of the city below our feet and the lush green fields in the distance. Technology has also been well incorporated into the design of the room. Each room is provided with an iPad which centrally controls almost everything in the room from the brightness of the lights to the volume of the TV.

We watched one of the most beautiful sunsets that we saw during our trip to China from the room that night. In fact, we didn't really venture out to see the city at all, given the limited time we had in Shenzhen and the fact that we felt the hotel alone had so much to offer. After dinner at a restaurant in the KK Mall that night, we soaked in the freestanding bathtub overlooking the glittering lights of the city buildings and traffic.

The St.Regis butler service is a nice touch offered by the hotel. In the morning, we had a tray of freshly baked pastries delivered to our room as we tried to take in as much of the views as possible while being wrapped in the crisp white sheets. Before checking out, we had a quick dip in the hotel's indoor infinity pool located on level 75 that overlooks the city through the floor-to-ceiling windows.

The short stay at St.Regis Shenzhen was fantastic, despite the fact that it was only for one night.


Bunnies' travel notes:

Bunnies’ Suite Number: 8522 – Grand Deluxe City View Room
Number of Rooms and Suites: 257 guest rooms and 40 suites
Swimming pool: Yes
Check-in/check-out times: 3pm and 12pm
Price: $350+ AUD
Hotel Class: 5 Star
























Share this:

, ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment