The Norman Hotel, 102 Ipswich Road, WOOLLONGABBA QLD 4102


Hello beef, mooooo~

I was more than delighted when I received an invitation to the Mastersteak BBQ cooking class at the long established Norman Hotel as a part of the celebration of The Norman's 123rd birthday.

I can't say that I am an expert when it comes to cooking steak for dinner (i.e. I was never allowed to cook steak at home) and I thought it would be great way for me to gain some much needed skills.

Known as Brisbane's worst vegetarian restaurant and located in Woollongabba, the Norman is familiar to many Brisbanites. Its iconic building can be an attraction in itself and when it comes to steaks, Norman knows it all.

The cooking class went for two hours and it was in-depth yet captivating. I must admit that during the class, I gained some invaluable knowledge from both John Alexander, the newly appointed Executive Chef and Colin (who actually runs these class) who was so much fun and full of character. Now I don't intend to release too many details of the cooking class because what's the fun in that? I'll let you experience it yourself.

I enjoyed the hospitality offered by the staff at the Norman and it was great knowing how much passion that John has for his new position and for his team.

At $95 per person, the Mastersteak BBQ cooking class goes for two hours and including a steak, drinks and wait for it...a chefs apron!

If you haven't got the patience to go through the class because you can't resist the temptation of having a juicy and perfectly cooked steak straight away, then just rock up at The Norman and order one. There are so many different cuts available from this establishment and you will be assured to find one that suits your taste.

PS. The Norman Hotel is a big supporter of local businesses and that's where all moo moo's are sourced.

Disclaimer: DolceBunnie was a guest of the Norman Hotel.



 
 








 
 






The Norman Hotel on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment