Il Centro, 6 Eagle Street, Eagle St. Pier, BRISBANE QLD 4000

Before I start writing about our adventures in Thailand, I thought that I might update a few posts on the restaurants that we’ve been to since we got back.

Last Tuesday night the other travel bunny took me to Il Centro on the riverside, a restaurant which has been on our “never-ending-list” of places to go for a while, to celebrate a little professional achievement of mine.

The restaurant was busy for a Tuesday night in comparison to other restaurants in the city. Although the restaurant’s décor was not over the top, the combination of its cream walls and wooden floor was inviting and comfortable. The view could’ve been nicer without the currently under construction – Mr & Mrs G Bar, but you can still see the Story Bridge from most tables and the restaurant's friendly service definitely makes up for it.

Specials of the night were presented to us on a blackboard which reminded me the time when we had lunch at Atelier Maitre Albert in Paris.

Entrées were Twice cooked pork belly w’ celeriac and bay hear salad, caramelised apples and sage jus ($22.50) and Fresh crab and avocado salad with tomato gaspacho ($27.50). For main, I had the Grilled king prawn cutlets with preserved lemon and mascarpone, carnaroli risotto and fresh peas ($42.00) and the other travel bunny had one of their specials of the night, meatballs linguine ($41). All the dishes were cooked to perfection. The crab and avocado salad tasted so refreshing and the crab meat was soft and sweet. My main was our favourite that night. Prawn cutlets were of a decent size and the risotto was cooked al dente.

Those of you who know me well should know that I have a separate stomach for desserts. So their Vanilla crème brûlée w’ raspberry sorbet ($17.00) was chosen to sweeten my mouth. I’m not a big fan of sour tastes and the sorbet was slightly too strong for my liking but O.M.G. the crème brûlée was eye-rolling-ly good.

I absolutely loved my dining experience at Il Centro. My only recommendation would be… if you are having a three-course meal, perhaps have an entrée sized main. These guys are pretty generous on their portions and no body wants a close-to-explosion stomach before bed.

Total Bunny Dollars Spent: $160

Bon appétit!
















Il Centro on Urbanspoon

Share this:

, , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment